[tor-dev] Status of Torouter project

ficus at robocracy.org ficus at robocracy.org
Tue May 14 16:51:59 UTC 2013

On Sun, 12 May 2013, adrelanos wrote:

> Griffin Boyce:
>> Hello all,
>>
>>   So I'm part of a team working on wireless mesh, and Torouter has come up
>> a few times this week.  Is it actively being developed?  Given the state of
>> the roadmap [1], I'd sort of assumed it was inactive or on hiatus, but
>> others had heard differently.
>>
>> thanks,
>> Griffin Boyce
>
> I am happy to hear about any status updates.
>
> ficus moved it forward:
> http://ficus.robocracy.org/
>
> Not sure if he's still working on it / still interested. Added to cc.

I'm still alive. I have not had enough free time for active progress in
the past months, but I am optimistic that a combined HW/SW beta will be
forthcoming (no tenative date).

What is your interest in torouter? Review of configurations and defaults
would probably be mutually beneficial. I have some crude old notes online,
eg:

http://ficus.robocracy.org/?p=torouter-live.git;a=blob;f=doc/dns-dhcp.txt;h=1ff24f580922688d03da97a3255227016b1df618;hb=HEAD

If you contact me off-list I will report back here with a summary.