[tor-dev] Damian's Status Report - April 2013

Damian Johnson atagar at torproject.org
Mon May 6 15:54:36 UTC 2013

Hi all. Though April had a bit of stem work the month was mostly
gobbled up by the chaos that is GSoC [1]. I never cease to be amazed
at how much time orchestrating it takes, but enough of that. Other
tasks from last month included...

Improved Stem's Site

* Added a change log for user facing improvements [2]
* Added a FAQ, suggestions for more entries welcome! [3][4]
* Improved navigability via a css style navbar menu [5]
* Site logo and faveicon
* Thanks to Dererk stem is now in Debian [6], and will soon be in
Fedora too thanks to Juan
* Put stem on tor's front page to improve discoverability [7]

General Stem Improvements

* Overhaul for a large part of our testing framework, run_tests.py in
particular was in need of a rewrite [8]
* Fix for broken process renaming (patch from ragwater [9])
* We now have a custom :trac: and :spec: role for Sphinx (patch from
ragwater [10])
* ATTACHSTREAM provided an unexpected 555 response (caught thanks to a
cypherpunks [11])
* Added support for the ADDRMAP event's new CACHED attribute
* Looked into anomalous bridge-ip-transports lines in the consensus,
turned out to be from an unmerged tor patch running on George's relay

Cheers! -Damian

[1] https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-google-summer-code-2013
[2] https://stem.torproject.org/change_log.html
[3] https://stem.torproject.org/faq.html