[tor-dev] Iran

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Sun May 5 13:18:56 UTC 2013

tor-admin <tor-admin at torland.me> writes:

> On Sunday 05 May 2013 14:50:51 George Kadianakis wrote:
>> It would be interesting to learn which ports they currently whitelist,
>> except from the usual HTTP/HTTPS.
>>
>> I also wonder if they just block based on TCP port, or whether they
>> also have DPI heuristics.
>>
>> On the Tor side, it seems like we should start looking into #7875:
>> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/7875

If I remember correctly BridgeDB tries (in a best-effort manner) to
give users bridges that are listening on port 443. Obfuscated bridges
that bind on 443 are not very common (because of #7875) so I guess
that not many obfuscated bridges on 443 are given out.

In any case, I don't think that a user can explicitly ask BridgeDB for
a bridge on a specific port, but this might be a useful feature
request (especially if this "filtering based on TCP port" tactic
continues).