[tor-dev] Tor Launcher settings UI feedback request

Andrew Lewman andrew at torproject.is
Sat May 4 03:44:08 UTC 2013

On Fri, 3 May 2013 16:05:15 -0400
"Runa A. Sandvik" <runa.sandvik at gmail.com> wrote:

> I disagree. The Tor help desk sees a ton of requests from users saying
> that Tor is unable to connect, and the simple fix is to give them a
> bridge or two. Not all users know what they need to connect, and not
> all users will know the difference between bridge, obfs2, and obfs3.

One answer is the user shouldn't care. Tor Browser should automatically
loop through the various kinds of connectivity and just connect.
non-obfs bridges really should get wholly replaced with obfs bridges en

Another thought is with flashproxy in the pluggable transports bundle,
what percent of flashproxies work by default with no user config needed?

I wonder if we could extrapolate that percentage to a larger "what if
we did relay by default?" for all bundles...

pgp 0x6B4D6475