[tor-dev] Improving the HTTP interface of BridgeDB: bridges.torproject.org

Aaron aagbsn at extc.org
Mon Mar 11 16:36:36 UTC 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 4:22 PM, Andrew Lewman <andrew at torproject.is> wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 11:08:36 +0530
> Sathyanarayanan Gunasekaran <gsathya at torproject.org> wrote:
>

> In general, these look great.
> Some nitpicking items:
>
>> Here are the .htmls -
>> https://people.torproject.org/~gsathya/html/index.html
>
> 1. The majority of users aren't going to know which obfsproxy browser
> they're using. I understand the difference, but to make a decision,
> we should only ship one obfsTBB and assume everyone is using it as a
> target for this site. I'm guessing we just call the
> obfsproxy-flashproxy-tbb as obfsTBB and move forward with it.
>
> 2. The correct email address is bridges at bridges.torproject.org
>
> 3. I think we should scrap "normal bridges" and only promoted obfuscated
> bridges. In the bigger picture, "normal bridges" are already subject to
> DPI attack and blocked in many places in the world based on Tor's
> network signature alone. All bridges should be obfsproxy bridges.

I think we'll need to see larger numbers of bridges providing
obfsproxy transports before considering these the only bridges we hand
out. I believe we have about 5-10x as many "normal" bridges as "obfs"
bridges, so I would be hesitant to have all the users of normal
bridges abruptly switch over to the limited set of obfs bridges at
this point...

But I do agree that every bridge should also be an obfs bridge.

--Aaron