[tor-dev] Gitian builds in VirtualBox with Vagrant

Mike Perry mikeperry at torproject.org
Fri Jun 28 23:02:14 UTC 2013

Arlo Breault:
> > This is rather exciting. Do you think that this method can be adapted to
> > build the pluggable transports bundles?
>
> Yes.
>
> I originally started working on this so I could submit a patch to include
> the tor-fw-helper in the TBB.
>
> But since the helper is only needed in the PT bundles,
> reworking their build process seems the more productive route.
>
> I'll see what I can do.

FWIW, in the longer-term I think that the PT bundles and the normal TBB
bundles should merge as soon as we have the development resources to
improve Tor Launcher to support PT selection, configuration, and bridge
input/discovery..

I believe all of the PT configuration should be done under the
"Configure" button of Tor Launcher (or some similar UI).

I think the first steps to this are to get the same build system to
churn out both sets of bundles (probably by copying each OS's
gitian-bundle.yml to gitian-bundle-pt.yml and adding the PT packages in
that step):
https://gitweb.torproject.org/builders/tor-browser-bundle.git/blob/HEAD:/gitian/descriptors/linux/gitian-bundle.yml

--
Mike Perry