[tor-dev] Client simulation

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Thu Jun 27 13:01:57 UTC 2013

On 6/26/13 5:59 PM, Norman Danner wrote:
> Continuing this discussion of client behavior simulation...
>
>> I'm in the process of rewriting the data collection code..
>
> One thing I need to do is make a reasonable guess as to whether a given
> connection is from a client.  Is there a straightforward way to do that
> programmatically?  As a first pass, I'd even take "isn't a known
> relay/authority/etc."
>
> I've been poking through the source code, and I assume I'll find
> something appropriate eventually.  But I wouldn't mind a shortcut...

This code looks related:

    /* only report it to the geoip module if it's not a known router */
    if (!router_get_by_id_digest(chan->identity_digest)) {
      if (channel_get_addr_if_possible(chan, &remote_addr)) {
        geoip_note_client_seen(GEOIP_CLIENT_CONNECT, &remote_addr,
                               now);

https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor.git/blob/HEAD:/src/or/channel.c#l2379

Best,
Karsten