[tor-dev] Running Atlas Application

Arturo Filastò art at torproject.org
Fri Jun 14 12:55:00 UTC 2013

On Jun 13, 2013, at 5:22 PM, abhiram <abhiram.chintangal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to get the Atlas application to run. After installing the required python packages, I keep getting this error.
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "run.py", line 34, in <module>
>     from tornado.util import b, bytes_type, import_object, ObjectDict
> ImportError: cannot import name b
>
> Its seems like a version problem with tornado. If so, what version should I be using.
>
> I am running python 2.7.3 and tornado 3.0.3.

From the looks of it that appears to be an incompatibility with the new version of tornado.

It is not required, though, to run atlas. All that that script does is serve the static files that are in the atlas repo.

We should actually replace that script with a simple python script that does something like:

python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8080

Would you like to hack that together and submit a patch for it?

~ Art.