[tor-dev] Torsocks reengineered

Nick Mathewson nickm at alum.mit.edu
Wed Jun 5 19:48:50 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 2:43 PM, adrelanos <adrelanos at riseup.net> wrote:
> Before rewriting torsocks, would it make sense to takeover proxychains
> development either and/or to fork it?

I'm not sure that proxychains is a great stating point either. There
hasn't been a new release since 2006 as far as I can tell, if I'm
looking at the right page. Also, some of the code issues there make me
cringe on first reading.  (strcat and strcpy and sprintf into
stack-allocated buffers; doing "int len=0; read(fd,(char*) &len, 1)"
to read a one-byte value from the network as an integer; etc).

--
Nick