[tor-dev] Remote descriptor fetching

Damian Johnson atagar at torproject.org
Sat Jun 1 19:18:52 UTC 2013

Thanks Karsten, thanks Kostas! It's a little disturbing that moria1 is
providing truncated responses but guess we'll dig into that more
later.

Great points about needing a more flexible downloader. Here's another
attempt, this time with a DescriptorDownloader class that's a bit
similar to our present DescriptorReader...

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/stem#RemoteDescriptorFetching

It still feels a little clunky to me, and I'm not yet sure how best to
handle the use case you mentioned concerning votes. Thoughts?

Feel free to edit the page (that's what wikis are there for!). -Damian