[tor-dev] Help with rebasing arma's n23-5 tor branch to current master

Charlie Belmer charlie.belmer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 18:44:26 UTC 2013

Hi Karsten,

I probably can't make the meeting since it is during my work day, but I'll
try. I might be able to just leave myself logged in to the chat from home
so I can read the transcript later.

You can grab my commits here: http://www.charliebelmer.com/tor.git:

git clone http://www.charliebelmer.com/tor.git

Basically, I took Arma's branch, and rebased the current master onto it.
There were a number of merge issues, including the connection to channel
changes that Andrea developed. I believe that I converted N23 to work with
channels correctly, though I am still trying to figure out how to actually
validate it properly (aside from basic run testing - advice / thoughts /
instructions welcome!). I expect it will need some tweaks.

I started playing around with Chutney, but I don't fully understand what it
does yet, so more to come there.

I would be happy to help take this section forward however you need - it
sounds interesting learning how to test this to see what performance gains
it might yield, if any.

Charlie