[tor-dev] Onionoo protocol/implementation nuances / Onionoo-connected metrics project stuff

Kostas Jakeliunas kostas at jakeliunas.com
Mon Jul 29 20:31:53 UTC 2013

Last link of an unbroken email flood chain --

my (and perhaps only that one) last sentence may be aimed at a more general
audience, reiterating:

The usefulness of all this really depends on intended use cases, and I
> suppose here some discussion could be had who / *how would an Onionoo
> system* *covering all* [...] *the descriptor+consensus archives* [and
> hopefully having an extended set of filter / result options] *be used*?

As far as myself and my GSoC project is concerned, the most obvious use
case is the proposed frontend (described in general terms, but with IMO
some crucial specific points in the original proposal [1]). I suppose
having the original planned use cases (what would this frontend require
from the backend and so on, I mean) in mind makes the largest amount of
sense, and that's what I'm aiming for at the moment.

[1]: http://kostas.mkj.lt/gsoc2013/gsoc2013.html