[tor-dev] RFC: obfsproxyssh

Andreas Krey a.krey at gmx.de
Mon Jul 29 07:05:01 UTC 2013

On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 09:52:52 +0000, Tom Ritter wrote:
> I've always thought with SSH-based obsproxies, that you could
> distribute the SSH private key to connect to the server with the
> bridge IP address:port.

I couldn't quite avoid the reflexive cringe at 'distribute private key'. :-)

> So I think the value of requiring a login a the SSH-based obsproxy is
> not for authentication but for scanning resistance.

Ah, that's a cool idea. I was already assuming that a specific key would
be used to select the tor service on the sshd, but making that key
variable is a nice twist. (I didn't know the bridgedb has space for
such info.)

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."