[tor-dev] Idea regarding active probing and follow-up of SSL connections to TOR bridges

Lag Inimaineb laginimaineb at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 14:17:29 UTC 2013

Thanks for your response, I'm glad to hear this problem is still
interesting :).

Specifically, after reading Nick Mathewson's proposal, I can see it is
pretty much identical to what I've proposed (though his proposal has been
around for more than a year). Do you have any information as to whether
anyone has been/is working on implementing it?

As for suggestions such as SWEET, FreeWave, etc. - those would require
changes to the TOR clients (right?), which makes them probably less easy to
use, unless they are merged into the TOR mainline. Same goes for
ScambleSuit, since the shared secret much somehow be delivered out-of-band,
which is not always an easy feat to accomplish.

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 3:53 PM, Philipp Winter <identity.function at gmail.com