[tor-dev] Format-Transforming Encryption Pluggable Transport

Kevin P Dyer kpdyer at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 02:51:25 UTC 2013

Hi George,

Thanks for trying FTE!

Apologies, this is my fault. I built the current packages on a recent
Ubuntu version with GLIBC 2.14. On execution, the binary is looking
for GLIBC >=2.14, which isn't available on your system. Hence, the
bundle and binary won't execute properly.

Which Linux distro/version are you running?

To resolve the issue you have three options:

1. Wait for me to build binaries that work on a broader range of systems.
2. Try the binary on a different machine.
3. Build FTE from source.

I expect you'll prefer option one. So, I'll be sure to release new
binaries ASAP.

-Kevin