[tor-dev] TorPylle: a Python/Scapy TOR protocol implementation

Damian Johnson atagar at torproject.org
Tue Jul 23 16:00:33 UTC 2013

Hi Pierre, sounds neat! Two quick thoughts:

* The tor project generally dislikes other projects using the name
'tor' within them. This is why I called my projects arm and stem (arm
was actually originally called tormoni, a name I still like a lot
better)...

  https://www.torproject.org/docs/trademark-faq.html.en

* Stem might be able to help you a great deal with this project. It's
not just a client of tor's control port, but also a python
implementation of its directory specification. For starters I'd look
at its new remote descriptor fetching module to pull descriptor
content...

  https://stem.torproject.org/
  https://stem.torproject.org/api/descriptor/remote.html

Best of luck! -Damian