[tor-dev] Remote descriptor fetching

Damian Johnson atagar at torproject.org
Mon Jul 22 03:32:56 UTC 2013

Hi Karsten, I've finally finished implementing stem's module for
remote descriptor fetching. Its usage is pleasantly simple - see the
example at the start of its docs...

The only part of our wiki plans that I regretted needing to drop is a
local filesystem cache (the part that made me think twice was figuring
out when to invalidate cached resources). Otherwise this turned into a
pleasantly slick module.

Cheers! -Damian

PS. Where does an authority's v3ident come from? Presently I reference
users to the values in config.c but that's mostly because I'm confused
about what it is and how it differs from their fingerprint.