[tor-dev] Help with rebasing arma's n23-5 tor branch to current master

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Thu Jul 18 15:43:47 UTC 2013

On 7/18/13 5:30 PM, Charlie Belmer wrote:
> Karsten, I'll take a shot at it. Is there a specific timeline I should be
> aware of? My C is a little rusty and I am working to learn the codebase
> (This sounds like a good opportunity to learn more). I don't want to bite
> off more than I can chew if there is a tight release timeline.

Neat!

We have until end of October to "Write a proposal for N23, and write a
patch for N23 that functions correctly. Then simulate it to see how it
performs for typical and for really slow client connections."

We're sorta doing this in opposite direction, because there's already a
patch, and we want to find out if performance improvements are worth
writing a proposal and cleaning up the patch enough to actually merge it
into 0.2.5.x.

So, we have 3.5 months for everything.  I'd think that 1 month for
rebasing the existing branch would leave us enough time to run
simulations and possibly write the proposal.  Is mid-August a reasonable
time frame for you?

Of course, if you realize you can't work on this, please let us know as
early as possible, so that somebody else can give it a try.

Thanks for helping!

Best,
Karsten