[tor-dev] atlas.torproject.org question

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Sat Jul 6 13:46:43 UTC 2013

On 7/6/13 3:36 PM, Ian Goldberg wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 06, 2013 at 07:36:01AM -0400, me at rndm.de wrote:
>> Added them both and fixed the bug where it defaults the search to
>> 'relays'. The last version should also hash all the 40char hex
>> strings for search requests.
>
> Hmm.  I do see that it's hashing the data/fingerprint entry, but onionoo
> is returning "no entry".
>
> Ah, my bridge is configured as
>
>     BridgeRelay 1
>     PublishServerDescriptor 0
>
> Does the latter mean that stats are also not pushed to onionoo?  It's
> set that way for one of the funders, but it would be great if I could
> somehow see how much usage it's getting.

Yes, that setting makes your bridge not publish anything to Tonga, not
even extra-info descriptors containing bandwidth or usage statistics.

Hmm.  I wonder if we need a setting for bridges to publish descriptors
but for BridgeDB to not give them out.  Would that satisfy funder
requirements, too?

Best,
Karsten