[tor-dev] atlas.torproject.org question

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Sat Jul 6 10:05:17 UTC 2013

On 7/6/13 9:01 AM, Lunar wrote:
> Karsten Loesing:
>> On 7/3/13 5:16 PM, me at rndm.de wrote:
>>> I updated it to display bridge detail and enable bridge search. Works
>>> fine so far.
>>> You can now toggle between relays or bridges in the search results.
>>
>> This is awesome!  Repeating the link here, so that others can follow:
>>
>> http://makepanic.github.io/emberjs-tor-onionoo/#/
>
> Small issues I spoted while playing with it:
>
>  * If a search, then select 'Bridges' view, visit a bridge page, and
>    then use the back button of my browser it switches back to the
>    'Relays' view. Not ideal.
>
>  * IMHO, the y-axis of the bandwidth graphs should always start at 0
>    so multiple relays can be compared by layout graphs side by side.

Can you add these to GitHub's issue tracker?

https://github.com/makepanic/emberjs-tor-onionoo/issues

> How close is this piece of code to have feature parity with Atlas?

I think there are no features in Atlas that this new tool doesn't have.
 To the contrary, this tool has features that we wanted to have in Atlas
for a long time (list 10 fastest relays on start page, show bridge details).

However, I don't have plans to retire Atlas just yet.  I think it's fine
to have more than one website providing access to Onionoo data.  Yay,
diversity.

Best,
Karsten