[tor-dev] atlas.torproject.org question

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Fri Jul 5 07:18:45 UTC 2013

On 7/3/13 5:16 PM, me at rndm.de wrote:

>> Okay.  Looking forward to seeing your tool display Onionoo's bridge
>> details!
>>

> I updated it to display bridge detail and enable bridge search. Works
> fine so far.
> You can now toggle between relays or bridges in the search results.

This is awesome!  Repeating the link here, so that others can follow:

http://makepanic.github.io/emberjs-tor-onionoo/#/

>> Nothing wrong from a legal perspective (IANAL), but Tor Onionoo Search
>> isn't as catchy as it could be.  Hmm, how about picking one of Atlas'
>> children's names (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlas_%28mythology%29)
>> for your project?  Greek mythology is full of fun project names.
>>

> Mh I started to look into some names but haven't found a fitting one. If
> anyone got any suggestion i would appreciate it.

How about "Globe" or "Globus"?

> btw. is there data (bandwidth or something else) that is really
> important for a Atlas user when viewing a detail page or is everything
> equally important?

That's a question best answered by the tor-talk@ community, I think.  Do
you want to announce your service there?  Maybe you want to add a link
to the Onionoo protocol page (https://onionoo.torproject.org/) to give
people an idea what other information could be added to your service?

And do you mind if we include a short description and link to your
service in the second issue of Tor Weekly News?

https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2013-July/028770.html

I think it's really important to get you some users now who're willing
to give you feedback.

Thanks,
Karsten