[tor-dev] Twisted-based Tor client performance measurement tool

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Tue Jan 22 21:08:39 UTC 2013

On 1/22/13 9:35 AM, Linus Nordberg wrote:
> Karsten Loesing <karsten at torproject.org> wrote
> Mon, 21 Jan 2013 21:06:38 +0100:
>
> | That's a lot, and to make things even more fun, there's a sponsor
> | deadline to have more realistic Torperf measurements by February 28.
>
> This is what stops me from going "Wooha! o/".

Which part? ;)

> I'd love to help out with this later -- not only is this interesting but
> I'm also a user of the thing.
>
> Thanks for getting this going, Karsten.

Sure thing.  There's a proof-of-concept prototype in the perfd branch of
my public torperf repository:

  git clone https://git.torproject.org/karsten/torperf.git
  cd torperf/
  git checkout -b perfd origin/perfd

This prototype sets up a web server and runs periodic web requests using
your SOCKS client code.  See README.perfd for details.

Feedback much appreciated!

Best,
Karsten