[tor-dev] Cupcake: browser extension for flash proxies

Griffin Boyce griffinboyce at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 22:59:51 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 5:42 PM, David Fifield <dcf at cs.stanford.edu> wrote:

> Thank you for doing this. Would you please add this information to the
> ticket at https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/7721? This is
> the ticket for creating a browser addon. You can create an account or
> use the anonymous account cypherpunks:writecode. There are people
> watching the ticket who will be interested in helping you test.

No sweat - didn't realize that there was a thread about it already.
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/7721#comment:5

> We will probably be moving to an all-opt-in model for flash proxy. Your
> addon should send the flashproxy-allow=1 cookie, if it doesn't already

It doesn't, but I'll make that update

> At this point, it will help if you can keep it pointing to the same
> embed page. As we are on the verge of deployment, we may need to make
> changes to the proxy program quickly.
>
> David Fifield

Sounds good to me. I don't think it would be too difficult to get a couple
thousand users through the Chrome Web Store.

Best,
Griffin Boyce