[tor-dev] want to contribute to tor

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Fri Jan 4 17:47:36 UTC 2013

Debamitro Chakraborti <debamitro at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think adding http proxy support to tor sounds more interesting. But there
> seems to be a looong discussion on ticket #6060 whether to add this
> functionality inside tor or not. What is the final roadmap, if any?

From the outside my impression after reading the ticket (and commenting on
it to make it even longer) is that working on an implementation now would
be premature as there's a fair chance that it wouldn't make it.

My recommendation would be to check the open tickets for smaller and
less controversial issues first, to become familiar with the process
and to increase the chances that your contributions are actually
accepted.

Fabian