[tor-dev] Switch from Obfsproxy to Pyobfspoxy

Aaron aagbsn at extc.org
Thu Feb 21 14:35:43 UTC 2013

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 5:00 PM, Abel Luck <abel at guardianproject.info> wrote:
> Nathan Freitas:
>> (moved to tor-dev)
>>
>> Sorry I really haven't commented on this until now, but I have a lot of
>> balls in the air, and sometimes minor, but very important details, like
>> this slip by.
>>
>> George Kadianakis:
>>> My current plan is to keep maintaining the C-Obfsproxy code, if it
>>> keeps being as stable as it is today. For example, I plan to fix two
>>> new-found bugs related to the shared-secret support of obfs2 soon
>>> (#8217, #8223).
>>
>> Excellent. So we do have some time.
>>
>>> That said, I don't plan to port any of the new transports (like obfs3,
>>> and some other pluggable transports currently under development) to
>>> C-Obfsproxy any time soon (even though obfs3 wouldn't be *extremely*
>>> hard to port, and I might consider it if there is a serious reason).
>>
>> Okay, I will take that into consideration.
>>
>> My plan then is to focus on determining how difficult supporting
>> Pyobfsproxy on Android will be, and otherwise, try to find funding and
>> resources to maintain the C version and potential to port obfs3.
>>

> I know the OONI team has been working on making their python codebase
> work on Android, so there might be a good opportunity for some
> cross-project collab :)

Well, we do intend to have OONI working on android, I'm not aware of
any progress in this area yet.

Isis mentioned that she had taken a look with abel and had some notes
on the topic.

While poking around the interwebs I stumbled across kivy.org. Has
anyone taken a look at it?

specifically:
https://github.com/kivy/python-for-android
https://github.com/kivy/kivy