[tor-dev] Tor Browser Launcher

Micah Lee micahflee at riseup.net
Wed Feb 20 07:22:07 UTC 2013

On 02/19/2013 06:39 PM, adrelanos wrote:
>> What operating system are you using?
>
> Debian Wheezy.

Weird, that's what I'm running Wheezy too. But just to be safe, I
decided I'd make a new Debian Squeeze vm and try to build it and run it
in there. I found several small problems and fixed them.

> develop ~/torbrowser-launcher $ python
> Python 2.7.3 (default, Jan  2 2013, 16:53:07)
> [GCC 4.7.2] on linux2
> (None, None)

I haven't fixed this yet. But I did just open a bug for it:

https://github.com/micahflee/torbrowser-launcher/issues/12

> develop ~/torbrowser-launcher $ sudo apt-get install python-gtk2
> [sudo] password for user:
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> python-gtk2 is already the newest version.
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 27 not upgraded.
> develop ~/torbrowser-launcher $ ./torbrowser-launcher
> Tor Browser Launcher
> https://github.com/micahflee/torbrowser-launcher
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./torbrowser-launcher", line 352, in <module>
>     app = TorBrowserLauncher(current_tbb_version)
>   File "./torbrowser-launcher", line 55, in __init__
>     self.build_ui()
>   File "./torbrowser-launcher", line 124, in build_ui
>     settings.props.gtk_button_images = True
> AttributeError: 'gobject.GProps' object has no attribute 'gtk_button_images'
> develop ~/torbrowser-launcher $

I'm not sure why you're getting this error, but it's on the line that
allows icons for buttons. Since it's not critical, I placed in a try
block, so if it fails on your computer it shouldn't crash the program,
the buttons just won't have icons.

git pull origin master and try again, and let me know if you run into
any other problems.

--
Micah Lee
https://twitter.com/micahflee