[tor-dev] [Patch] or/onion_ntor.c

Nick Mathewson nickm at alum.mit.edu
Tue Feb 19 22:10:07 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 5:53 PM, Gisle Vanem <gvanem at broadpark.no> wrote:
> I suggest that the whole body of this file gets included
> inside an "#ifdef CURVE25519_ENABLED" in-case someone
> (like me!) inadvertently tries to compile it w/o this define
> set. Patch:

NAK on this patch -- it doesn't make sense IMO to do this without
doing the same thing for the other dozen or so conditionally-compiled
files.

There *is* a reason to take a more general patch of this kind (that
is, one that would cover all of the conditionally-compiled files):  it
would let people who want to edit Tor with IDEs that like to compile
all the files they edit do so without having their IDEs complain about
files that can't build.  That's not how I work personally, but I've
got nothing against people who work that way, so I'd be happy to take
that kind of a patch in 0.2.5 or later.  Just opened a ticket as

so we don't forget.

best wishes,
--
Nick