[tor-dev] Tor Browser Launcher

adrelanos adrelanos at riseup.net
Mon Feb 18 22:31:43 UTC 2013

Micah Lee:

>> > Well, which should your users be using? From my perspective, I think you
>> > should give them the alpha and help them report bugs! :-)
> Interesting idea. Anyone else have opinions on this? I think I'd be fine
> giving people the alpha, but I also don't want to annoy people with too
> many bugs.

No, please no alphas by default. This defeats the purpose of alphas. As
a fast solution: stable only. As a medium solution: allow choosing
stable or alpha. As an ideal solution: allow both to coexist.

> Right now it would be easiest to just make it get the alpha.
>
> Or, alternatively, I could download
> https://www.torproject.org/download/download.html.en and parse it for
> the current version. However, this will break as soon as torproject.org
> updates it's web design.

Why not phrase https://check.torproject.org/RecommendedTBBVersions ? No
updates planed for it even in long term as far I am following trac...