[tor-dev] Switch from Obfsproxy to Pyobfspoxy

Nathan Freitas nathan at freitas.net
Fri Feb 15 19:54:13 UTC 2013

(moved to tor-dev)

Sorry I really haven't commented on this until now, but I have a lot of
balls in the air, and sometimes minor, but very important details, like
this slip by.

George Kadianakis:
> My current plan is to keep maintaining the C-Obfsproxy code, if it
> keeps being as stable as it is today. For example, I plan to fix two
> new-found bugs related to the shared-secret support of obfs2 soon
> (#8217, #8223).

Excellent. So we do have some time.

> That said, I don't plan to port any of the new transports (like obfs3,
> and some other pluggable transports currently under development) to
> C-Obfsproxy any time soon (even though obfs3 wouldn't be *extremely*
> hard to port, and I might consider it if there is a serious reason).

Okay, I will take that into consideration.

My plan then is to focus on determining how difficult supporting
Pyobfsproxy on Android will be, and otherwise, try to find funding and
resources to maintain the C version and potential to port obfs3.

Thanks!

+n