[tor-dev] Damian's Status Report - January 2013
atagar at torproject.org
Sun Feb 3 02:58:16 UTC 2013
Hi all. This January I've been integrating feedback from first time
stem users and implementing their feature requests. Projects
* Python 3.x Support
Stem now works under both the python 2.x and 3.x series. To use stem
with python 3 simply use it when you install...
python3 setup.py install
This turned out to be a larger project than I had anticipated, taking
almost half the month. But it was well worth the effort.
* PEP8 Compliance
Ditched most of my odd coding preferences in favor of the standard
python style guide. I've integrated both pep8 and pyflakes with our
tests to prevent regression. Hopefully this'll make it easier for
others to contribute to stem.
* Arm Codebase Refactoring
Prior to being shanghaied into the projects above I sunk quite a bit
of time into overhauling arm. Thus far I've dropped around a third of
the codebase in favor of similar (but tested!) capabilities in stem.
* Descriptor Improvements
Got lots of input concerning stem's descriptor module (thanks
Karsten!), leading to quite a few improvements...
* used feedback from Aaron Johnson to make the descriptor API less confusing
* we now support bridge network status documents
* added support for '-legacy' authorities (https://trac.torproject.org/7866)
* parsing error if network status documents lacked a
'directory-footer' line (https://trac.torproject.org/7932)
* empty 'bridge-ip-versions' lines caused problems
* we didn't recognize the @type annotation for key certificates
* we weren't parsing the new ntor-onion-key lines (caught by sonu,
* error when ran with pypy (caught by peer)
Sean helped quite a bit at the start of the month, but has since been
busy with other things.
* added a Controller.get_streams() method (https://trac.torproject.org/7859)
* tests for the close_stream() method (https://trac.torproject.org/7687)
* expanded the Controller's unit tests (https://trac.torproject.org/7874)
* fixed type checks (https://trac.torproject.org/7873)
* fixed test_reattaching_listeners (https://trac.torproject.org/7872)
More information about the tor-dev