[tor-dev] exit-node block bypassing

Jeroen Massar jeroen at massar.ch
Tue Dec 31 11:35:49 UTC 2013

On 2013-12-31 12:07, Ximin Luo wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Flashproxy[1] helps to bypass entry-node blocks. But we could apply
> the general idea to exit-nodes as well - have the exit-node connect
> to the destination via an ephemeral proxy.

If an exit node is blocked towards a certain site, that exit node should
define a policy stating that it is blocked by that destination.
(DirAuths could maybe be made to add extra details like that?)

If an exit node is useless it is a bad exit and should not be used at
all, that is, shutdown.

For your 'flashproxy' case, it would just mean 'moving' the exit node to
the new exit IP btw. You would thus only be shifting the problem.

Greets,
 Jeroen