[tor-dev] [tor-reports] Damian's Status Report - November 2013

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Mon Dec 9 17:24:04 UTC 2013

On 12/9/13 5:45 PM, Damian Johnson wrote:
>> Hi Damian,
>>
>> do you want to add the code produced for this analysis to
>> metrics-tasks.git?  This could happen now or when all analysis for this
>> ticket is done.  I'm aware that it may take a bit of time to clean up
>> code (though I haven't looked at your code).  But the advantage is that
>> people who're planning to do a similar analysis can `git grep foo`
>> metrics-tasks.git and find your code.  If the code is only on a Trac
>> ticket, it's very likely lost once the ticket is closed.
>>
>> https://gitweb.torproject.org/metrics-tasks.git/blob/HEAD:/README
>
> You're certainly welcome to. My conclusion from writing it was
> actually that Stem needs some helper methods to better handle the
> prefixed 'private' exit policy...

> If we had that then the script would have been pretty trivial.

Well, what do you suggest?  Add to metrics-tasks or not?

If you think we should add something, would you mind sending me a
metrics-tasks patch, or a link to your metrics-tasks branch?  I wouldn't
know what files to add and how to describe it accurately in a short
README file.  Thanks!

All the best,
Karsten