[tor-dev] Tor project automation work

Nicolas Vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Fri Dec 6 15:13:33 UTC 2013

Hello,

If you don't know me yet, I am the new person working on automation :
https://www.torproject.org/about/jobs-lead-automation.html.en

To get started working on tor automation, I am currently looking at all
components that are part of tor project, to find what is the current
status regarding build, packaging, testing, and what should be done.
I'm going to write a summary of this, with some proposals and a general
plan for the work to be done during the coming months, and it will be
available at the following URLs :
https://people.torproject.org/~boklm/automation/tor-automation-review.html
https://people.torproject.org/~boklm/automation/tor-automation-review.pdf
(you can find an early version there)

In order to help me doing that, I'm very interested to receive from
developers of any tor components :

- a description or ticket number of bugs that you wish could have been
  detected earlier with automated tests

- any wish or specific needs that you may have

- anything else that you think might be useful for me to know

If you want to discuss this on IRC, I'm 'boklm' on #tor-dev.

Thanks!

Nicolas