[tor-dev] Torbirdy - IMAP issue

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 05:49:26 UTC 2013

Hi,

> Using Thunderbird+Enigmail+Torbirdy.

> To solve this the user need to manually set the account drafts
> settings (in Copies & Folders) to keep drafts on Local Folders.
>
> I think Torbirdy should do it by default.
>
> This info should be added to known issues on Torbirdy wiki.

(If I recall correctly, this issue was discussed before also but I
can't seem to find the thread/ticket.)

By default, Enigmail saves an encrypted copy of the message. This is
the default setting [1] and I think it also confirms this when it
saves an encrypted message for the first time. TorBirdy does not
modify this setting so it should be enabled by default for Enigmail.

If you did not change this setting but still observed this behavior,
please open a bug report [2] with all the relevant information
(version of Thunderbird, TorBirdy, Enigmail, etc.) so that I can check
this.

Come to think of it, perhaps we should disable the automatic save
feature altogether (#6337). Suggestions welcome.

[1] - https://www.enigmail.net/documentation/userprefs.php (see saveEncrypted)
[2] - https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/torbirdy/dev

--
Sukhbir