[tor-dev] Trac Ticket 8291

Nick Mathewson nickm at alum.mit.edu
Mon Aug 26 22:50:41 UTC 2013

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 5:08 PM, Bao Nguyen <nguybao at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>     I am one of the volunteer from Whonix project, a third party
> application. We want to use tor and modify it to parse the folder
> /etc/tor.d/ for configuration files. Please take a look at
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/8291 What is the process to
> get it approved and check in the file. I have modified the file
> src/or/config.c Who should I talk to? Thanks

Hi!  I've made some design comments on that ticket.

To get new features merged, make sure that it's in the form of a patch
or a branch that can be merged into the current Tor git master branch
(where new features are added), and then either attach the patch on
the ticket, or add a link to the patch or the branch in a comment.

The doc/HACKING file[1] in git master needs some editing, but it also
has some good advice on what a patch needs and what format it should
have in the "Coding Conventions" section.

[1] https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor.git/blob_plain/HEAD:/doc/HACKING

best wishes,
--
Nick