[tor-dev] Torsocks 2.0.0-rc1 release

Luke Gallagher luke at hypergeometric.net
Sun Aug 25 23:05:52 UTC 2013

Hi David,

Thanks for your effort on the new version of Torsocks.

I've had a brief look at getting a working build on OSX (10.8.4),
however I've run into a few problems, which I'm attempting to work
through, but I'm not entirely sure how to fix all of them, I'll see how
far I get.

The syscalls are handled a little differently on Darwin, which I've
partially fixed.

For reference I'm getting similar errors reported by grarpamp in
socks5.c, torsocks.h.

Also in tsocks_recvmsg a call to getsockopt uses SO_DOMAIN, which as far
as I can tell is Linux only. This appeared to be a problem in an earlier
version of Torsocks in tsocks_sendto_guts, although I'm not sure if this
work around is still usefull in this context:

https://github.com/dgoulet/torsocks/commit/1e4e20b1bbed7d2e3b8b4d60420a746a0615f1af

regards,

Luke