[tor-dev] Searchable metrics archive - Onionoo-like API available online for probing

Kostas Jakeliunas kostas at jakeliunas.com
Fri Aug 23 13:12:21 UTC 2013

Hello,

this accompanies my status report [1], and includes info how to query the
searchable metrics archive for anyone curious. I also refer to the original
(now semi-outdated) project proposal/document. [0] Only sending to
tor-dev at for now.

The Onionoo-like backend is listening on

http://ts.mkj.lt:5555/

(backup URI where it's actually running (domain unrelated):
ravinesmp.com:5555)

This document details how it can be queried:

https://github.com/wfn/torsearch/blob/master/docs/onionoo_api.md

(It is, by design, an almost-subset (it does change some things as of now,
though) of the Onionoo API [2].)

Try not to DoS the thing, it is still fragile! :) (or, maybe do, but
gently?)

I will try to follow-up with a more detailed email, but this will have to
do for now. Anyone curious should refer to the API doc. I'll soon add date
range parameters, so it will become somewhat more useful.

Examples:
http://ts.mkj.lt:5555/details?search=mor
http://ts.mkj.lt:5555/details?search=79.
http://ts.mkj.lt:5555/statuses?lookup=9695DFC35FFEB861329B9F1AB04C46397020CE31

Please report any inconsistencies / errors / time-outs / anything that
takes a few seconds or more to execute. I'm logging the queries (together
with IP addresses for now - for shame!), so will be able to later correlate
activity with database load, which will hopefully provide some realistic
semi-benchmark-like data.

[0]: http://kostas.mkj.lt/gsoc2013/gsoc2013.html
[1]: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2013-August/005310.html
[2]: https://onionoo.torproject.org/