[tor-dev] Using Stem's descriptor fetching module to replace the Java consensus-health checker

Damian Johnson atagar at torproject.org
Mon Aug 19 03:26:01 UTC 2013

Hi Karsten, I've finished a replacement for the DocTor consensus monitors...

https://gitweb.torproject.org/atagar/tor-utils.git/blob/HEAD:/consensus_health_checker.py
https://gitweb.torproject.org/atagar/tor-utils.git/blob/HEAD:/data/consensus_health.cfg

Like the other checkers this is presently running hourly and sending
results my way. My vote would be to have them start sending results to
tor-consensus-health@ [1] instead. This will double the amount of
noise on the list but it should help us flush out any issues with the
scripts. Once we have confidence in it we can shut down DocTor's
checks.

A code review would also be much appreciated. If there's any portions
that you find confusing then let me know. As for the DocTor website,
I'm a little surprised Peter and Sebastian didn't reply. Not sure how
we'd like to proceed there...

Thoughts? -Damian