[tor-dev] [GSOC] Status report - Tor capabilities
cristian.matei.toader at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 19:07:32 UTC 2013
Here goes the status report for the past 2 weeks:
- still working at  in public branch 
- rewrote how the filters work, such that a filter currently is an array of
function pointers, each function being responsible of setting up the
parameter filter for a syscall; also added support such that in the future
it is a struct containing the array of function pointers and a linked list
of parameters associated with the filter;
- I have updated the filters which proved to be a bit more challenging than
expected mainly due to the multiple worker thread processes created with
clone, which are harder to follow with strace;
- as of today, the latest version I have pushed has a more restrictive
parameter filter which works for both a normal and ORPort launches.
- fix open syscall problem for file names due to external library opens
- investigate socketcall syscalls' parameters failure..
- finish support for multiple filters (beginning of stage 3)
- fine-tune filters a bit (end of stage 2)
More details may be found here .
Looking forward to some feedback, if you happen to have any!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the tor-dev