[tor-dev] "identity digest" and "hash of a router's identity key"

Donncha O' Cearbhaill donnchaocearbhaill at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 10:23:37 UTC 2013

Frank, Yes the identity digest is the sha1 hash/digest of the OR public
key. This router fingerprint is this hash base16 encrypted. In the case of
finding responsible hidden service directories, the Tor client just sorts
all routers with the HSDir by the raw binary encoding of the public key
digest / identity digest.

Yes I think if you base64 decode the digest fields of the HSDIR's in the
consensus they are the identitity digests you can sort by.