[tor-dev] About GSOC 2013 Steganography Browser Addon project idea

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 19:10:08 UTC 2013

Hi Hareesan,

> : Exif.Photo.ImageUniqueID or Exif.Image.DateTime, etc ). If its a fixed
> location and if the man-in-middle know that location,and if he know Bob's
> public key (since its public), he could easily get to the message. If MIAB

Alice will use Bob's public key to encrypt the message, so the message
can be read by Bob and no one else, as only he has the corresponding
private key.

> going to select the location arbitrarily, how it could be transferred to
> Bob's MIAB client?

While MIAB proposes the use of blog pings (see section 3.1.1 of the
paper) to distribute the messages and a MIAB client to embed them, our
idea for this project is to come up with a similar system, but one that
will allow: a). embedding secrets (like in our case, bridge addresses)
in a website(s), b). detecting these secrets when a user navigates to them.

So, while theoretically what we aim to do is similar to MIAB, the
practical implementation will be different and coming up with that
design will constitute the main part of your application.

--
Sukhbir