[tor-dev] Stem GSoC 2013

Damian Johnson atagar at torproject.org
Tue Apr 23 17:35:32 UTC 2013

Hi Tom. Sorry for not getting back to you earlier, been juggling lots
of email. Glad you want to get involved with stem and *many* thanks
for the patches so far! They've been a big help.

> I'm mainly interested in expanding stem's tutorial base as it could really
> use some more real-world applications and examples, but I'd be fine with
> extending the tests, too.

Gotcha. As you can probably tell from the volunteer page I favor GSoC
projects that are collections of small items rather than a single big
one (that way the incremental pieces are helpful, even if the project
isn't quite fit into the summer).

What kind of tutorial improvements would you like to make over the
summer? I'd love to see them greatly expanded, though I'm not sure if
there's enough material there to keep you busy for the whole summer -
especially considering how fast you're improving things right now. :P

The next area I was planning to primary focus was client migrations,
which would involve work with TorBEL and Tor Weather...

https://www.torproject.org/getinvolved/volunteer.html.en#stemUsability

That said, given some more thought I'm sure we can come up with a
project that focuses more on stem itself if you'd prefer.

Cheers! -Damian