[tor-dev] Remote anonymous browsing

mahesh i.mah3sh at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 18:34:52 UTC 2013

Hi, I am a third year undergraduate student of Information Technology at
PICT, Pune, India. I'm dying to contribute to tor community as I use it
a lot. There's an opportunity for me in GSOC-2013. I read tor's idea
page and came to know that would have to contribute to existing project.
But, I would like to propose a new project. I came across this problem
statement from a friend of mine who is journalist. He says, most of the
times he don't have his laptop with him so he cant access tor from a
CyberCafe as they won't let him download the bundle. So, I propose that
there should be a web server to handle tor requests over http. I did my
study and think its feasible but let me know everyone else's thought on it.

Mahesh