[tor-dev] txtorcon [GSoC 2013]

Damian Johnson atagar at torproject.org
Tue Apr 16 15:06:20 UTC 2013

Hi Anshul, glad you want to get involved!

> Specifically i'm interested in the project on txtorcon/stem
> integration. I have worked on twisted before developing ssh and git
> daemons using it. I'm a newbie at tor development though.

Great. Some twisted experience is definitely a plus for that project.

> Could
> someone point me to what is required for a good application for this
> project?

If you're curious about what a good application looks like then take a
peek at...

https://www.torproject.org/about/gsoc.html.en#Example

We expect a pretty thoroughly thought out plan and design as part of
the application, and it's a major plus if you're already active with
the community and contributing.

> Do I need to submit a patch to Tor?

Meejah didn't cite it as a strict requirement for that project, but
it's strongly suggested.

> I have no experience
> working with stem. Could someone give me pointers on where to start?

See the tutorials on...

https://stem.torproject.org/

Cheers! -Damian