[tor-dev] Embedding tor in an application and using tor without opening a port

Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) lists at infosecurity.ch
Sat Apr 13 20:24:06 UTC 2013

On 4/13/13 10:05 PM, Nick Mathewson wrote:

> > On Apr 13, 2013 1:42 PM, "wac" <waldoalvarez00 at yahoo.com
> <mailto:waldoalvarez00 at yahoo.com>> wrote:
> > >

> > > Seems you want to put your hands at it so that makes two of us.
> You don't need to do what I already did. I am preparing the
> environment to move towards team mode. Check the website
> http://libtor.org.
>
> This name is likely to be a problem with our trademark policy.  Please
> read the policy, and consider a rename.

Libtor seems to be also already used by another project that tried to
create a Tor library on github https://github.com/libtor, but it have no
commits since 6 months. It seems there are several different attempt
trying to achieve this goal.

I'm really confident that a successful project to create a reliable Tor
library could really change the way tor get used and diffused!

Fabio