[tor-dev] Fwd: Fwd: Orbot feature for GSoC 2013

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Thu Apr 11 17:38:18 UTC 2013

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 10:34:59AM -0700, Damian Johnson wrote:
> > Is there room for an Orbot developer under Tor's GSoC?
> >
> > I know that I was completely awol during this process, and not a mentor,
> but this is a worthwhile effort!
>
> Hi Nathan. Are you offering to mentor this? If so then you're welcome to
> apply to be a mentor in melange and review Orbot related applications.

Or said another way, if you have a good student and you have a suitable
mentor (you or somebody else), then you are totally welcome to be a part
of the Tor gsoc umbrella.

But as Damian says, if you show up with a worthwhile project, a student,
and no mentor in mind, this will not end well. :)

--Roger