[tor-dev] Moving our website to git and splitting it in two
Runa A. Sandvik
runa.sandvik at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 20:50:55 UTC 2013
On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 8:05 PM, Noel David Torres Taño
<envite at rolamasao.org> wrote:
> On Domingo, 7 de abril de 2013 20:42:16 Runa A. Sandvik wrote:
>> On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 7:21 PM, Noel David Torres Taño
>> <envite at rolamasao.org> wrote:
>> > On Domingo, 7 de abril de 2013 20:07:33 Runa A. Sandvik wrote:
>> >> On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 4:00 PM, Noel David Torres Taño
>> >> <envite at rolamasao.org> wrote:
>> >> > I would like to have a word about translating the webpages too.
>> >> We decided to drop website translations a year and a half ago:
>> >> https://blog.torproject.org/blog/whither-website-translations
>> > I understand the reasons mentioned there, but maybe a different approach
>> > can be used now that we have paid people for translations (and support).
>> > A tiered
>> > method may help working like this:
>> True, but I worry that we will still run into issues with frequent
>> English updates, less frequent translation updates, and translated
>> content that would need manual edits before being included.
> If the webpage is setup for translation, we can give it a try, at least for
> spanish only, which is LTR, with myself acting in all three layers. I think
> it's worth a try. If it doesn't work, at least we would not have spent the
> time of lots of people but just one person.
The website is not setup for translations. The website files are .wml.
Transifex does not support this format, so all files would have to be
converted to .po before being translated on Transifex. Once
translated, the files would have to be converted back to .wml
(sometimes with manual edits to make that process complete without
Runa A. Sandvik
More information about the tor-dev