[tor-dev] default value of CookieAuthentication is wrong inthe documentation

Tomáš Hnyk tomashnyk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 19:39:09 UTC 2013

On Thu, 04 Apr 2013 21:12:35 +0200, Damian Johnson <atagar at torproject.org>
wrote:

>> Hi,
>> thanks. I guess that's it. So I should file a bug in ubuntu/debian to
>> mend
>> the manpage as well, do I understand it correctly?
>> Tomas
>
> I doubt that our debian maintainer would consider it to be a bug.
> Debian packages often adjust an upstream project's configuration to
> work better on that platform. That said, I'll point this thread out to
> him.
Thanks for that. I hope he might. I would understand if there were a line
in my torrc stating saying "CookieAuthentication 1". But I tried and I
cannot find any text config file on my system that would specify that this
is the default, co I deduce it must have been included in compile time,
which - to me - is very confusing. But maybe that is the debian way.
Anyway, thanks a lot!
Tomas