[tor-dev] Embedding tor in an application and using tor without opening a port

wac waldoalvarez00 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 3 05:49:49 UTC 2013

------------------------------
On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 00:38 EDT Navin Francis wrote:

Hi Nick:

>It seems like like we are trying to do almost exactly the same thing :)
>
>You also mentioned that you got Tor working as a visual studio project. I
>was trying to do this myself, but its really a PITA since the Tor
>configuration does not generate a visual studio project and the VC++
>libraries don't play well with the cygwin libraries (I thought that Tor
>only supports cygwin on windows). If your code compiles, I would really
>appreciate it if you can upload it somewhere.

Sure. I did it with visual studio 2010 since cygwin weights a lot and I am over dialup. So just used resources available ;). The solutions + project + instructions will serve to you? I attached the solutions + project. I am looking to upload the rest once I am done. I tested  writing and works like a charm but I am using the same thread. Requested www.torproject.org webpage using Tor :). Still gotta make things reentrant. Maybe someone wants to join.

You need to place the files inside the folder win32 and drop the files there. I named it tor-windows-vs2010 but you likely can choose whatever you want for the name.

You will have to change libraries location and header files since I didn't set them relative.

I built all the libraries from source. OpenSSL, libevent and zlib with visual studio as well with nmake using the visual studio console. For OpenSSL you need Perl. Not sure if zlib is ok since I had to try several for gzip support and picked an old one.

If you need help building the libraries just let me know.

Ahh and I had to move some files around. At least curve25519-donna.c I placed it in win 32 directory for Tor 0.2.4.

That should do, but if you hit something just let me know.

Regards
Waldo