[tor-dev] torrouter development - Who is in charge?

adrelanos adrelanos at riseup.net
Wed Sep 12 17:06:36 UTC 2012

Damian Johnson:
>> I fear this thread goes unanswered and someone willing to contribute
>> gets lost because of unresponsiveness.
>>
>> Does torproject have a problem to reach decisions?
>
> Agreed that we should be more responsive to potential volunteers.
> However, be aware that we have over 26 different projects going on
> right now and far fewer than 26 active developers. We can't cover
> everything as well as we'd like - help wanted!

Someone already offered help: ficus.

> Runa and Jake are maintaining Torouter, but each of them also juggle
> numerous other projects.

Are they authorized to make decisions regarding the Torrouter project?

(I mean decisions like "We do (not) want the transparent proxy
feature.", "This design is ok.", "This Torrouter image is good, ok let's
call it official stable 1.0.".)

> Sounds like you're volunteering to become a new maintainer of the
> project, adrelanos?

ficus's thread "[tor-dev] torrouter development)" may be seen as
application to become maintainer for Torrouter. Not me.